> Windows Update
> Windows Update Not Working In Windows 8.1
Windows Update Not Working In Windows 8.1
Nobody is even suggesting that. What took me so long... I have gotten furthest by trying to uninstall the latest windows update. Or you can download the ready-made batch script using following link: Download Windows Update Reset Script STEP 2: Now run the batch script. his comment is here
Reply djAugust 22, 2016 at 2:27 amPermalink Neil, it totally worked. Here are the latest Insider stories. To restore a hidden update, click the respective link in the Windows Update sidebar. We have previously shown you how to troubleshoot a BSOD Windows 8 Crashing?
Your script fixed my problem. It says catroot2 file not found. Terry Hi VG and thanks for replying so quickly. Wondering why they would keep this out there if it causes known problems.
- Reply CorJuly 19, 2016 at 11:24 amPermalink Hi Neil.
- This issue was resolved in the latest version of this update that is released on April 15 2014.
- Reply DhakkanSeptember 15, 2016 at 4:48 pmPermalink "Disable Windows Update Agent Before Installation" worked for me. (Win 7 SP1 x64).
- Reply Govinda NaikOctober 18, 2016 at 6:39 amPermalink Method 2.1 worked for me.
- Yet, despite this, it has a lot of problems, as we shall see.Last time, I wrote about the latest Windows Update flaw to get a lot of attention, its running for
- I chose both options, rebooted and Windows recognised the card and I was up and running again - until the next reboot when about 10 mins into the session - up
- Reply dragonmouth August 19, 2014 at 7:16 pm cesar, I agree with you.
- Simply uninstalling KB2982791 resolved the problem.
- Do I start in Windows Safe Mode?
Thanks for your help.Log fileThu 07/21/2016 12:31:59.76 - Info: Starting WSUS Offline Update (v. 10.7) Thu 07/21/2016 12:31:59.76 - Info: Used path "C:\Users\Carol\Downloads\wsusoffline107\wsusoffline\client\cmd\" on GUY-LAPTOP (user: Carol) Thu 07/21/2016 12:31:59.78 - I was a bit worried initially as restarting the PC and opening programs were extremely slow, but next time the speed was back to normal. You might find these articles about creating system recovery disks helpful. Do you think the free upgrade to Windows 10 is a good idea?Again thanks for you help, Guy Neil MahasethPost authorJuly 23, 2016 at 6:37 amPermalink Glad to know that Guy.
KB2975719, the August Update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2. Reply GuyJuly 22, 2016 at 6:47 amPermalink The second time I ran it I did not see any errors when it finished. VG ^^ Try to direct run the script. Auto restart was checked, warning about UAC was displayed & windows update is displaying a restart is needed to complete update.
Funny that updating Linux (Mint and Debian) always works, and I do mean always. Method 2.2 worked for me. Comments Computerworld | May 8, 2016 4:23 PM PT RELATED TOPICS Windows PCs Microsoft Windows 7 Comments Sponsored Links Where do you stack up check over here And it isn't just an OS this goes for.
I do have good LAN connection, wifi facility so no internet issue. Terry There's only one certain way to fix Windows Update permanently and that's to buy an Apple MacBook Pro, which is what I'm in the process of doing now, after VG/DTM's Our Commenting Policies